Dr. Shih-Tsung Hsu is the professor of Department of Construction Engineering at Chaoyang University of Technology, Taiwan, ROC. He earned his Ph.D. in 1995 from the School of Civil and Construction Engineering at National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. He is interested in the computer science and construction technology in geotechnical engineering, especially the ground anchor. You can contact Professor Hsu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ph.D., National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, 1995.
Professional Civil Engineer, 1989
Professional Geotechnical Engineer, 1990
Professional Structural Engineer, 1991
Excellent Researcher Award from Ministry of Science and Technology, 2014-2016.
Good Teaching Faculty Award from Choayang University of Technology, 2000 and 2012.
Good Tutor Award from Chaoyang University of Technology, 2010.
Constitutive Models of Geotechnical Materials
Behaviors of Anchor Groups
Behaviors of Pile Foundations
l Journal Papers
1. Hsu, S. T., Pan, C. L., Huang, C. C., and Hu, W. C. (2015, Dec). A Numerical Model for Analyzing the Behaviors of Deep Arrayed Anchor Groups in Dense Sand. Progress in Informatics and Computing, IEEE, 186-190. (EI). MOST 103- 2221-E-324-009-MY2.
2. Hsu, S. T. (2014, Oct). Behaviors of large-scale driven PC piles. Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 22(4), 487-497. (SCI, 74/85, Engineering Oceanography).
3. Hsu, S. T. and Hu, W. C. (2014, Aug). Uplift behavior of shaft anchors in silty sand in Taipei Basin. Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, 37(2), 175-188. (SCI, 73/90, Engineering Multidisciplinary). NSC 100-2628-E-324-001.
4. Kung Gordon T. C. , Wang, C. C. , Tamrakar, S. B. , Tang Y. G. , Hsu S. T.* and Chen, L. C. (2014, Jun). Early-warning approaches for landslide using rainfall indices. Disaster Advances, 7(6), 33-44. (SCI, 47/172, Geosciences, Multidisciplinary).
5. Hsu, S. T. (2013, Nov). Interactive behaviors of anchor groups in sand. Disaster Advances, 6(11), 66-76. (SCI, 47/172, Geosciences, Multidisciplinary).
6. Hsu, S.T. and Tan, Y.G. (2013, Oct). Anchorage behavior of mechanically underreamed anchors in silty sand. Disaster Advances, 6(10), 31-44. (SCI, 47/172, Geology Meteorology).
7. Hsu, S.T. (2012, Jun). Behavior of pressure-grouted anchors in gravel. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 49(6), 719-728. (SCI, 13/32, Engineering Geological). NSC 99-2628-E-324-005.
8. Hsu, S. T., Pan, C. L., Huang, C. C., and Hu, W. C. (2015, Dec). A Numerical Model for Analyzing the Behaviors of Deep Arrayed Anchor Groups in Dense Sand. Progress in Informatics and Computing, IEEE, 186-190. (EI). MOST 103- 2221-E-324-009-MY2.
9. Hsu, S.T. and Hu, W.C. (2013, Mar). Field Performance of Ground Anchors in Taichung Basin. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 718-720, pp 1882-1887. (EI).
10. Hu, W.C. and Hsu, S.T. (2012, Apr). Numerical Modeling of Earth Structures: Frictional Anchors in Sand. Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 486, pp 214-220. (EI). NSC 100-2628-E-324-001.
11. Hsu, S.T. (2011, Oct). Numerical simulation of driven piles in alluvial soil. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vols. 105-107, pp. 1415-1419. (EI). NSC 99- 2628-E-324-005.
12. Hsu, S.T. (2011, Jun). Elucidating of uplift behavior of underreamed anchor groups in sand. Geotechnical Special Publication, ASCE, No. 222, pp. 9-16. (EI). NSC 99-2628-E-324-005.
13. Hsu, S.T. (2011, Apr). A numerical study on the uplift behavior of underreamed anchors in silty sand. Advanced Materials Research, Vols. 189-193, pp 2013-2018. (EI). NSC 99-2628-E-324-005.
14. Hsu, S.T. (2010, Dec). Axially loaded behavior of driven PC piles. AIP Proceedings, 1511-1506. (EI). NSC 96-2211-E-324-030-MY3.
l Conference Papers
1. Hsu, S. T., Hu, W. C., and Chan, K. J. (2016, Jan). A Numerical Study on the Anchorage Behavior of Tieback Anchors in Silty Sand. International Conference on Engineering and Information Technology, Cebu, Philippines. MOST 103-2221-E-324-009-MY2.
2. Hsu, S. T. (2015, Aug). Numerical Studies on Behavior of Underreamed Anchor Groups Embedded in Dense Sand with Considerable Overburden Depth. The 4th Asian Conference on Civil, Material and Environmental Sciences, Osaka, Japan. MOST 103-2221-E-324-009-MY2.
3. Hu, W. C. and Hsu, S. T. (2014, Jul). A Numerical Study of Uplift Behavior of Matrix-Arranged Anchor Groups with Shallow Embedment in Dense Sand. Asian Conference on Civil, Material and Environmental Sciences, Hokkaido, Japan. MOST 102-2211-E-324-044.
4. Hsu, S. T. (2010, Sep). Numerical simulations of ground anchors in sand. International Congress on Computer Applications and Computational Science, Singapore. NSC 99-2628-E-324-005.